FLIT is looking for an R&D Engineer/Master Tinkerer…come join us!
We are a team of engineers and designers having fun making incredible lightweight ebikes for urban commuters. We are currently expanding our product range and bringing more prototyping in-house. This means building things, testing things and probably a lot of breaking things in the process (we’re good at that bit).
You’re a maker, born to tinker. Arduinos, Python and stepper motors are your bread and butter but you like big stuff too. You’re probably subscribed to Youtube classics like This Old Tony, CNC Kitchen and Makers Muse. You’ll spend hours modifying a 3D printer, understanding how it works, and optimising the hell out of it. You like testing and collecting data to answer those burning questions.
Here’s what you’ll need to have;
- CAD skills, ideally Solidworks. You don’t need to be a surfaces maestro but enough to design simple parts when you’re building a fixture.
- Coding experience, ideally python. You don’t need to be a master coder but should be able to tweak 3D printer firmware or set up an arduino board for data logging.
- Comfortable designing fixtures – think aluminium extrusion frames with bits bolted on for torturing bike frames.
Brownie points if you have experience with;
Here’s what you don’t need;
- Years of experience
- Stellar school grades
- A sharp suit – leave that at home
Here’s what we can offer you;
We’re a small team so you’ll have lots of autonomy and opportunity to try new things. You’ll be designing test machines and fixtures to your heart’s content, as well prototyping and pitching in with other tasks. You’ll be working in a relaxed startup atmosphere. You’ll be an early employee so we’ll be able to offer some shares in the company as well as a competitive salary of £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
Just drop a line to [email protected] telling us:
• What you are looking to get out of this role
• About your experience making something