It's great to be able to introduce you guys to our brand new FLIT-16 in Blaze Orange! Since Dave returned from his trip to Taiwan to visit our manufacturing partner, he and Joe have been working hard to re-assemble Blaze and get him up and running. We're really pleased with the end result - we hope you like him too!
Meet Blaze: our brand new FLIT-16 in Blaze Orange
Blaze vs Marengo & Maya: the design evolution
We had loads of fun running test ride events up and down the country to gather rider feedback on the design of the FLIT-16. All of your feedback has been really valuable and has helped us create the FLIT-16 that we have today. We're so pleased with how the design changes have improved the ride quality, comfort and overall design of the bike.
We've made a graphic below that points out the main design changes, which you can check out below! (Please note - the silver pedals on the bike at the moment are just for testing! We will be using all black pedals in production.)
Key design changes summarised...
- Handlebar height : we've raised the handlebar height for a more comfortable riding position
- New handlebar display : we've chosen a bigger, clearer, easier to use display based on your feedback. This one has bigger buttons as well as a charging port so that you can charge your phone as you ride!
- Updated headset (front section) design : we've opted for a wider diameter steerer tube to improve stiffness for a better ride
- Brakes : we've changed the front brake to a V-brake, which has much better stopping power!
- New saddle : lots of you said that you'd prefer a comfier saddle, so we've upgraded to a higher quality more padded saddle as standard
- Schwalbe Marathon Racer tyres : we've changed the tyres for production - the Schwalbe Marathon Racers have excellent wet grip, are puncture resistant, and are great for riding all terrain in the city
- Chain tensioner : we've designed a new chain tensioner with a more robust design and a much stronger spring for improved chain tension.
Find out how the FLIT-16 is manufactured!
We promised you some behind the scenes footage so that you can see some of the manufacture processes involved in building the FLIT-16... we've compiled all of Dave's footage into a short video from his trip out to Taiwan. Enjoy!